Cancer facts show the disease warrants increased awareness, help to underserved communities, and funding for cancer research – all renewing hope for cancer patients and survivors.
- Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the U.S. accounting for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths.
- The survival rate for all cancers is 68%, up from 49%—reason for continued hope.
- Approximately 1,685,210 new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in 2016.
- In 2016, about 595,690 Americans are expected to die of cancer, more than 1,600 people a day.
- The most recent estimates of the overall costs of cancer are $226.8 billion ($103.8 billion for direct medical costs/$123 billion for indirect mortality costs (cost of lost productivity due to premature death).
Please join us in bringing hope and healing to cancer patients and survivors in your community and for those you love.