- Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the U.S. accounting for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths.
- The survival rate for all cancers is 68%, up from 49%—reason for continued hope.
- Approximately 1,685,210 new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in 2016.
- In 2016, about 595,690 Americans are expected to die of cancer, more than 1,600 people a day.
- The most recent estimates of the overall costs of cancer are $226.8 billion ($103.8 billion for direct medical costs/$123 billion for indirect mortality costs (cost of lost productivity due to premature death).
Fashion Fights Cancer
Fashion Fights Cancer offers a variety of fashion design-oriented therapeutic programs that are the foundation of our mission. The core of our programming is to help cancer patients, survivors, and their loved ones.
Our virtual workshops are supporting all communities that deal with mental health which is a communal issue not just an individual one. Through our programs, we aim to combat mental health issues and put an end to depression and anxiety that often comes from dealing with correlating challenges.
Fashion has proven to be a very powerful tool that heals and connects us all. FFC cultivates relationships with many of the top international fashion designers and artists to share their time and talent into bringing mental health awareness, creating a space for healing and emotional wellbeing.
Cancer facts show the disease warrants increased awareness, help to underserved communities, and funding for cancer research – all renewing hope for cancer patients and survivors.
Our therapeutic programs are designed based on extensive research which outlines the benefits of creative art therapy and its positive connection to improve health outcomes, including the reduction in pain, as well as overall wellness. Our programs provide participants the opportunity to explore new internal and external support systems while learning innovative ways to express themselves and find their voice through fashion and art.
Fashion Fights Cancer Therapeutic programs help create a source of cathartic relief providing a haven to share thoughts, express struggles, and mental health challenges. Through art therapy, our workshops enable the participants to develop new friendships, gain new skills and create beautiful pieces that commemorate their experience.
Please join us in bringing hope and healing to cancer patients and survivors in your community and for those you love.